I know logo design contests and the whole “spec” work issue is a controversial subject. As a designer given the AIGA’s position on spec work what are the pros and cons of entering such contests?
- you’re working for pennies
- you’re working for a ‘client’ who has committed next-to-nothing to the project
- you’re not designing based on any real client or business objectives/requirements
- there is no proper feedback loop
- you’re competing with people that are likely using unlicensed software and type
- you’re wasting your time
- umm…let me think…err…hmm…nope. No Pros.
Source : Link , Question Author : Chris_O , Answer Author : DA01