Create a rounded inflated square in illustrator / photoshop [duplicate]

Rounded Inflated Square

I am wondering how to create a path for this inflated square shape in illustrator or photoshop… btw how is is the shape called?


In Illustrator:

  1. Draw a circle with the Ellipse Tool
  2. Select the circle and go to Effect > Warp > Inflate
    enter image description here

  3. Adjust the settings to the desired result (make sure preview is on), apply the settings.

  4. Expand the resulting shape Object > Expand
    enter image description here
  5. You may need to rotate the resulting shape

Play with the settings in the inflate effect dialog box, results will vary.

Source : Link , Question Author : Chris Yeung , Answer Author : GoofyMonkey

Leave a Comment