Does anyone know what this waxy coating on a post card is called?

I am trying to ask a print broker for a quote on some postcards but I don’t know what the name of this coating is. This postcard gets attached to a lanyard and the coating looks great and avoids it tearing at the hole punch. I did a scan so you can see the finish.

Scan of Waxy Coating

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: A printer friend has just suggested that it is a matte laminate. Once I get the postcards I will update if it was correct.


It is one of two cellophane lamination applied after print, I comes in a film roll format, in matte and glossy, the matte one is the one that has that waxy feel to it.

Source : Link , Question Author : user3299565 , Answer Author : user45876

Leave a Comment