Does this kind of sketch have a name?

I am trying to determine the general name for this kind of sketch. I’ve been calling it a frame sketch or a ball-and-stick sketch for some time now, but I’m pretty sure that’s wrong (especially since that would get really confusing with animation).

Kangaroo sketch
enter image description here

Does anyone know if these actually have a name, or should I just keep making stuff up?


I would call this a character wireframe. Googling for that term gives images like this:

enter image description here

enter image description here

These are often used in “How to draw X” tutorials.

Source : Link , Question Author : A. K , Answer Author : Zach Saucier

Leave a Comment