I’m currently working on a graphic, where as soon as I update the image (save the file), the window updates itself. However, every time I want to save, I have to switch the file from a PSD to a PNG, set the compression, etc. I’m hoping there’s an option to just Ctrl + S, and have the .png’s file update automatically.
I have tried “Quick Export as PNG” but that doesn’t actually save a file anywhere. Anyone have any advice?
Well, the best, easiest, coolest, fastest way I could ever find of saving as a PNG without confirmation or any other kind of dialog is:
- Open your document
- Open the Actions tab and Create a new action named PNG FastSave
- Go to File -> Save for web&devices
- In the upper right corner select PNG instead of GIF and hit Save and choose where to save it.
- Go back to Actions tab and Stop Recording
…now, whatever changes you make to your document, when Playing that action it will automatically save it as a PNG over the file that you saved at step 4. To make things even faster you can :
- Go to Edit -> Keyboard Shortcurs
- Choose Panel Menus from the “Shortcuts For:” dropdown
- Click on Actions -> Play from the Panel Menu Command then enter a key-combo for a shortcut (say Shift+Ctrl+/ PS: you actually have to press the combo for it to show) and click OK
Now, whenever you hit that combo (Shift+Ctrl+/) it will automatically save your PNG without any notifications, alerts or whatever.
Clean and fast (tested).