How can I achieve a ribbed pipe/tube effect in Photoshop or Illustrator?

I’m looking to create a tube with an effect like the following – the cylindrical segments which come together to make a pipe. I was wondering how this might be achieved; You could layer ellipsis with lighting effects over each other, but does anyone know of an alternative method to achieve?

Yes, it looks something like a hoover pipe.

Hoover pipe


Make the basic appearance of the tube with Illustrator’s pattern feature.

Then you can add the fancy pancy stuff (like glows, bevels and shadows) in Photoshop.

Source : Link , Question Author : Barney , Answer Author : Wrzlprmft

Leave a Comment