How can I modify an image to have colors that flow into each other and what is this effect called?

I have been trying to find the name of this effect in this image

Specifically, how the image has been converted to white and a spectrum of colors that flow into each other. I would like to know how to do this, what is the name of this effect so I can Google it?


It’s the Radial Gradient Tool

Double click on layer or right click and select Blending Options.

enter image description here

Check Gradient Overlay and change mode to Radial as shown in image.

enter image description here

Drag your cursor above image to change the location of your gradient and change scale slider to define spread area.

enter image description here

For further explanation, refer to the official tips

Hope you get the result of your liking 🙂

Source : Link , Question Author : Quinton Frylinck , Answer Author : tvanc

Leave a Comment