It is clearly visible that the extend part wasn’t part of the picture. Do you have any clue how I can fix this? I’m just trying to let the image look like it has never been extended, so remove of the line and such in the middle. How can I do this in Photoshop? I’m not sure what terms to google for.
I’ve been playing around with Content Aware Scale after being inspired by this question, and have what I think is a great solution, quite different from my first, and an awful lot easier! A one minute solution.
- Draw a rough selection around the car, I simply used the Polygonal Lasso
- In the Channels palette click the “Save selection as channel” button
- Hit “Edit” > “Content-Aware Scale”
- On the top bar, under “Protect” select the Alpha channel (Alpha 1)
- Drag the handle to scale the image, noting that the car is not distorted at all.
I was very pleased to extend my knowledge of content aware scaling, and I think the result is basically flawless: