When you have a numbered list, you can simply right-click and choose ‘restart numbering’ to make it start at 1 (if it doesn’t already). How do I choose a value to start at, say I want to start a list at 14, without changing the paragraph style itself?
- After making the paragraph style with the numbered list, select all
the text for the second list
- From the Paragraph Panel Menu, choose Bullets and Numbering
- Create a New List, level 2
- In Mode choose Start At and type a number
- Change the mode to Continue from Previous Number
- Optional: make a new paragraph style with this new list numbered paragraph