- Draw a circle;
- Select the leftmost anchor with the white arrow tool and remove it by pressing Delete or Backspace.
- Select the leftover arc and copy it, but don’t paste;
- Choose Effect > 3D > Revolve... and choose ‘wireframe’ for the surface;
- Adjust the perspective by dragging on the cube diagram;
- Click OK once you’re content;
- Paste your arc from step 3. in front by using Ctrl / Cmd+F;
- Give the arc a blue stroke colour;
- Choose Effect > 3D > Revolve... and choose ‘plastic shading’ for the surface;
- Play with the lighting options (More Options) to achieve the desired lighting;
- Expand (Object > Expand Appearance) the wireframe to be able to edit it and change its strokes to white;
- Bring the wireframe in front of the plastic shading and reduce its opacity.
Source : Link , Question Author : Maa Illustrations , Answer Author : Vincent