I want to recreate this effect:
The gradient part at the very top of the mock-up has two line at the downside right-hand corner, with shadow over the gradient and fading inwards.
I want to recreate it with Adobe Illustrator only.
I found this on YouTube, but was not really able to achieve my goal.
Can you suggest the easiest way to achieve the effect above?
This example is made in three steps:
- Fill color #5A00FF
Top shapes (grouped)
This is a group of three shapes made from a duplicate of the background shape
Fill color #9057ED.
They all have an Inner Glow Effect: dark color, mode Multiply, Opacity: 35%, Blur: 25px.
The two top shapes are in Multiply mode at 40% opacity
Select the three shapes and group them
- Create a Mask Shape a little bigger than the background shape
with a radial gradient from white to black.
- Use the Gradient Annotator to transform the gradient area
- Select the group and the mask shape and align them
- From the Transparency Panel -> click Make Mask -> uncheck Clip
- This is the result:
- Select this masked shape and the background shape and align them:
- Edit the mask and modify the gradient to change the transparency