Is there a way I can download my entire iCloud Photo Libary to my windows PC then clear the iCloud Photo Libary to free up space on my iCloud account?
I have spent the past hour researching this and I’m still no further on…
This strategy works at the time of writing using nothing but the PC.
- Install iCloud for Windows
- Open File Explorer and open the context menu (right-click) on the iCloud Photos entry in the left-hand-side panel (image below)
- Select ‘Always keep on this device’, and wait for the green progress bar across the path to disappear – every file should now have a green tick as its ‘status’ indicator
- Once this is done, copy files across to a part of your hard drive that isn’t managed by iCloud
- Open iCloud, untick ‘Photos’, activate via the ‘Apply’ button, and confirm ‘Delete from PC’.
Your iCloud Photos are now un-synched from your PC but all the files will be in the location you chose in step 4.