Is there a free software to draw following in ubuntu? How to color the overlap zone? I am not able to figure this out in GIMP.
You can use Inkscape. Basically, you’ll have to break the circles into several parts, one for each possible intersection of circles:
- Select two circles you want to create the intersection for.
Object → Intersection(Ctrl + *) to create the intersection.
- Copy the intersection to the clipboard (Ctrl + C).
- Undo the intersection operation (Ctrl + Z), which deletes the intersection object and restores the original circles.
- Paste the intersection object in place (Ctrl + Alt + V, not Ctrl + V).
- Colour the intersection.
- Repeat steps 1–6 for the remaining pairs of circles, and again on the three two-circle intersections (to create the middle intersection).
You might also want to use the difference operator (Ctrl + -) on the outer circles to cut out the shape of the inner parts.