Is it possible to draw a precise angle with the pen tool in Adobe Photoshop CS6?
By using Shift key it is easy to draw 45° or 90° but I need for example 37.45°.
It would be far easier to draw in Illustrator and then copy paste into Photoshop. More on this later.
How to do this in Photoshop
Unfortunately theres no direct way of doing this in Photoshop. Don’t let that discourage you it is still possible to this. We just need to fish slightly further.
- Draw a line on horizontal or vertical.
- Select the line.
- Enter free transform for the path and type in a angle in the top toolbar.
- Important: Make sure you draw a closed path or the transform tool wont work. Don’t worry you can delete the extra segment later. Or use line tool.
- Tip: you can move the rotation handle for precise work
Image 1: How to do this in PS.
Now in illustrator this is very straightforward:
- enable the line tool.
- Alt click on the point where you want the line to start
- Type in line lenth and direction
- Done, now copy paste the path to Photoshop.
Could this be done better.
Yes, we could make a script that does more or less what illustrator does. I dont have time right now but maybe somebody else does.