I want to create a drawing using a three-dimensional coordinate system in Inkskape. I am trying to re-create a drawing similar to the image below:
Right now, I am make three arrows and attach them manually to each other. I am wondering whether there is a more standard way of doing that in Inkscape, i.e., creating a frame in Inkscape with all three axis connected at the centre to form one entity.
Here is what I would do. This may already be what you are doing but to my knowledge there is no quicker way to do this:
- Draw a line pointing to the right (hold Ctrl).
- Draw a line pointing upwards (hold Ctrl).
- Draw a line pointing to the bottom right (or whereever you want).
- Enable snapping and snap to cusp nodes.
- Move the lines together until they snap.
- Select all lines and add arrow heads (in the stroke style dialogue).
- If desired, group (Ctrl+G) or combine (Ctrl+K).