I am looking to create some graphics or logos that look and feel very much like that thicker colored construction paper in photoshop or illustrator cs6
Any thoughts here?
- Fill a shape with the desired color.
- Create a second fill via the Appearance Panel. Make the second fill black. Highlight this fill in the Appearance Panel.
- Choose Effect > Texture > Grain. The settings below are a good starting point. Lower the intensity if you want more grain.
- Now set this black fill to Multiply for the Blend mode and reduce the opacity so the grain is less prominent.
You can repeat the fills with various grain settings to enhance the texture if you’d like.
- new layer above contents
- Fill new layer with black
- Filter > Noise > Add Noise and adjust settings so there’s small amount of white noise.
- Image > Adjustments > Invert
- set Noise layer blending mode to Multiply and reduce the opacity to your liking.
If you want this on a shape, then Option/Alt-click between the two layers.
You can further enhance the grain by repeating the above steps and scaling the noise layer up to create larger “clumps” of noise. There’s an answer to this question which will provide some detail on adding grain to images in Photoshop.