how to get that new JSFIDDLE/Twitter/Youtube effect in photoshop?

As all the big sites have been updating their style recently, I’ve noticed this effect on a few sites and I’m wondering how they do it.

Its like this normal gradient effect, with this pattern, abbit similar to a dissolving effect, but not quite that…

Its on the top menu bar on this site:

Again, its on the top black menu bar on

Its like the whole of Youtube’s background but its quite hard to notice on that one.

Do you guys see what I’m talking about?

How would I get that effect in Photoshop?



It’s called ‘noise’. Most raster image editing software have various noise filters.

Source : Link , Question Author : Community , Answer Author : DA01

Leave a Comment