How to give dotted effect to sides of a photograph?

enter image description here

See image.
Can this be done using photoshop, indesign or illustrator?

Using this opportunity to wish all a happy easter.


In Photoshop you can achieve this effect in a number of ways. One such way would be to create a layer filled with white with a black rectangle in the middle. Make this a smart object so you can change the properties to your desired effect. Add a Gaussian Blur and then Color Halftone (Filter > Pixellate > Color Halftone …). Now make the layer’s blending mode Screen:

enter image description here

This will give you an effect like this over whatever your background or layer below is:

enter image description here

Source : Link , Question Author : Biju , Answer Author : KJP

Leave a Comment