How to make a diagonal elliptical selection in Photoshop?

I try elliptical marquee tool in Photoshop. But it goes either vertical or horizontal. And when I try to rotate it afterwards it rotates with what’s in it. I need to make a diagonal elliptical selection of my subject for a motion blur effect. Is there an option for it?


So… In photoshop, make the ellipse the size and shape that you want. Then, go to the “Select” menu and select “Transform Selection” and rotate/resize the selection. This will not rotate/scale the underlying image, just the selection’s “marching ants.”

Source : Link , Question Author : Community , Answer Author : Community

Leave a Comment