How would I recreate this horizontal line in Photoshop? [duplicate]

I’ve seen variations of this idea… in HTML, the <hr /> tag creates a horizontal line that can be used as a spacing tool to separate headings, blocks of content, etc… I’d like to create such a line using Photoshop and have it look like this…

enter image description here
Click image for full resolution

How would I do this in Photoshop? Are there tutorials dedicated to this?


  1. Use Marquee tool to create a line.

    Step 1: Line

  2. Use Marquee tool to create a section above the line and fill the selection with a gradient.

    Step 2: Gradient

  3. Mask the layer with a vertically-reflected gradient (Opaque at the middle, transparent at the edges)

    Step 3: Isolated layer mask

  4. Done!


Source : Link , Question Author : Hristo , Answer Author : Farray

Leave a Comment