Illustrator equivalent to Photoshop’s skew tool

In Photoshop the skew tool allows you to move each corner of the object being skewed independently. Is there an equivalent in Illustrator? Envelope distort seems overkill and harder to achieve the same result.


You can use the Free Transform tool (keyboard shortcut is E).

There is a trick though:
Click and hold on the the corner you wish to move. THEN press and hold the Command (or Control for Windows) key. Now you can drag the corner around.

Make sure you click FIRST. Holding Command and then trying to click and drag won’t work.

Bonus Tip:
You can do the same thing with Command + Option + Shift to do a perspective distort.

Source : Link , Question Author : Tom R , Answer Author : JohnB

Leave a Comment