In gimp how can I get the edges of a filled rectangle selection to look like a painted area?

How can I get a paint colorblock effect on the edges similar to what is on the edges of the red portion of Saul Bass’s One Two Three poster?

I have two layers, one is a background that is white. The second layer (above the background layer) has a rectangle selection that is filled with color. I would like the edges of color filled square to resemble the red edges here:



Jagged edges with Gimp

These are the steps I took for jagged edges using a predefined default Script Fu filter.

  1. Select an area:

    enter image description here

  2. Choose Select – Distort…:

    enter image description here
    Choose appropriate values for desired effect.

    enter image description here

  3. Bucket fill selection:

    enter image description here

  4. Add an artistic effect for brush strokes

    • Grow selection by the desired width of the effect
    • choose a Filter -> Artistic which meets your needs.

    enter image description here
    (GimPressionist Crosshatch)

Source : Link , Question Author : maxwelljd , Answer Author : Takkat

Leave a Comment