Is “Graphist” a valid English word?

I was suggested to ask this question here at english.SE, to get more answers. My original question can be found here.

As a foreigner it’s normal for me to use graphist, calling a graphics designer. But it’s odd for me to find out it’s not used very much online. Why is it so? Is graphist a valid English word? Do you easily understand it or is it odd for you? Do you use it?


In french, “Graphiste” stands for “Graphic designer”, maybe it’s related to your thought.

Source : Link , Question Author : Paiman Roointan , Answer Author : rilent

Leave a Comment