Is there a term for vertically low typefaces?

I am looking for a choice of fonts where (in capitals) the horizontal lines are relatively low. For example in this Martini logo:

enter image description here

The horizontal in the A and R are way below the middle of the shape. Perhaps there is a term for this like “ground-bound” fonts or something.

Otherwise, perhaps somebody knows a list of fonts with this characteristic. Thanks.


A lot of ‘art deco’ and ‘arts and crafts’ era typefaces will have atypically low (or high) cross bars. Use those search terms on a site like MyFonts to find a variety of options.

Source : Link , Question Author : user14198 , Answer Author : DA01

Leave a Comment