Edit: I am an amateur and it is my first time designing for printing! The printers are very unhelpful unfortunately and won’t help me, but I have already paid the money, so I need to make sure I’ve not made a mistake. I would be very grateful if someone could have a quick glance over my workflow and offer any help/advice.
I am making a DVD sleeve and a booklet:
- Background images and shapes are prepared in photoshop, CMYK (Profile is U.S.
Web Coated (SWOP) V2, 300ppi)
- Logo is prepared in Illustrator, (Profile is Coated FOGRA39)
- PSD and AI files (background & logo) are placed in InDesign and main body text is added.
- Barcode PDF is placed in Indesign.
- Exported as PDF using ‘Press Quality’ preset plus 3mm bleed and crop marks with 3mm offset.
Acrobat lists the fonts as being embedded.
The booklet is exported in consecutive order with single pages. Page 1 being the front cover, and the last page being the back cover.
Is there anything I should have done differently or any checks I can do to ensure everything is ready for printing? I have attached the sleeve below. Many thanks!