I had a project where I had to design numbers only consisting of a stroke for some cabinets starting from 001 to 132. I would like to know the easiest way to generate these numbers instead of typing them manually. I have attached:
- a picture of the numbers from 001 to 100 since Illustrator allows maximum 100 artboards
- the final print-ready PDF where the outline/contour is visible
- a simulation of the cabinet with the foil number stuck on to it
My main questions are:
- how to do the cut contour line the easiest way? Expand? Outline? Spot colour method?
- is it better to use a script in Photoshop to generate the numbers or maybe the Data Merge function in InDesign?
Here’s a super-fast workaround:
Use Indesign, place “current page number” in your Master page…
Open page 1 “Numbering & Section Options”, then select style 001,002,003…
Finally, in the page panel, Insert 131 pages.