There’s a Mac on my job that recently got installed Adobe CC. I, myself, haven’t used CC before, always CS6 so I don’t know about the common errors, bugs, crashes or fixes. Moreover, I’m not a designer, I’m just the IT guy (I have only used CS6 for really basic stuff).
I’ve gone through the basic check, which included updating from Mavericks to Yosemite, and check adobe updates but the issue still persists.
The problem seems to happen by doing the following:
- Open Finder and navigate to a folder with 2MB PDF files.
- Drag one of those 2MB PDF files and drop it on the Photoshop icon located in the Dock
- It may stop responding here, or when opening the
Crop Todropdown box.
I’m using PhotoShop CC 2014 under Yosemite on a 2012 MacBook Pro. I’m not seeing an issue, even testing with a 5MB PDF.
One thing to consider is that the PDF file is corrupt. To check this, try loading some alternative PDFs into PhotoShop.
Instead of drag-dropping the PDF onto the Dock icon, you can also try either of the following:
- Right-click the PDF, then choose Open with >> PhotoShop.
- With PhotoShop open, drag-drop the PDF from the Finder window to the PhotoShop window.