I am trying desperately hard to replicate a style that my designer applied to a stock photo for one of my websites but thus far, I have had no success.
I am trying to apply the same sort of overlay as is in the following graphic:
I have tried the following:
- Adding a transparent rectangle on top
- Playing around with the Hue/Saturation
- Adding a rectangle layer on top and applying a ‘Multiply’ blend mode
So far, this is all I have been able to achieve (note the differences from the below graphic to the above graphic):
Can anyone suggest how I can achieve the same effect as was previously applied in either Photoshop or Fireworks?
1) Use a Black & White adjustment layer.
2) Use a Photo Filter adjustment layer. I used a custom purple #6c118e. I made the intensity 95% and the opacity 98% (really just messing with the sliders)
3) Added a levels adjustment layer to brighten the image. I just moved the white point slider to the left, towards the middle.
4) Added overall saturation of 31+ to make the purples “pop”.
Result (Mine is on the left).
Source : Link , Question Author : Ben Carey , Answer Author : AndrewH