‘shine’ in letters

So I made this with the help of another image enter image description here
As you can see the letters have a kind of ‘shine’. (I do not know what to call it) I know where to put this shine on very few letters taken from the helping image.
Could I get a complete sheet with all letters, or perhaps an intuitive way to know where to put them?


These are usually called “highlights”. Highlights show where light hits a reflective surface. The positioning of the highlight is usually on surfaces which face the light source. In the case of the example you posted, to be honest, the effect is not very convincing.

Anyway, here’s a diagram which might help. Also, it might help if you think of the letters as being made from rounded plastic 3D tubes rather than flat letters.

enter image description here

Source : Link , Question Author : Anonymous , Answer Author : Billy Kerr

Leave a Comment