I have a LGPL licensed font, that I am currently using for my website. The font works well, except for a couple of characters (. and ,).
At times, depending on which characters are surrounding it, the sidebearings act as if they are negative. That is, the comma or period actually appear on top of the previous character, as on this lowercase H below:
I tried loading it into FontForge, but the previews seem to work just fine and the spacing seems correct. This is not a problem, with a specific browser, because it happens in all of them. The font file is located on my google drive
The strangest part of all of this is that the problem only happens with alpha characters and everything works fine with numbers.
I tried to copy character 201A to the comma (002c), but the problem still persists.
As a side note:
If you know of a similar font, please suggest it.
If it only happens with specific character combinations—that would be kerning.
Search for any problem kerning pairs in FontForge and adjust the values accordingly.
You can read about metrics and kerning in FontForge here: