What are the gaps in a stencil called?

To be useful as stencils, stencil letters usually have cuts in letter forms to hold the interior spaces in place.

Is there are name for these cuts?

Stencil letter 'A' with gaps highlighted


That part is called the bridge. It connects areas that are cut out or sometimes called an island. The bridges are a thin piece of material that wouldn’t be cut out.

Source : Link , Question Author : aaaidan , Answer Author : AndrewH

Leave a Comment