What do you call this image effect and how is it achieved?

enter image description here

I’ve been trying to describe this effect on google and got no useful results. Seems like its a mix between a tint via the overlay and the offset?

Here is another example, but the effect seems less pronounced.


As per my comment, this effect can easily be made with a gradient.

Below is an image that has had a Gradient Map applied (purple & orange) and had the blending mode set to Screen.

The potency of the effect is determined by the colors as well as the opacity. Playing around with different blending modes may also lead to some other cool results.
enter image description here

Source : Link , Question Author : user16456 , Answer Author : Hanna

Leave a Comment