What is it called when all the characters are typed out for typeface examination?

Sometimes when choosing typefaces, it is helpful to examine all the characters so you aren’t surprised when (for example) the dollar sign looks unusual.

Beyond typing “the quick brown fox”, what is the process called?

Are there any webpages or applications that will help see all the characters quickly?


A ‘Character Map’ can also describe the feature as seen on Fonts.com.

Source : Link , Question Author : B.W. , Answer Author : Lucian

Leave a Comment