What is the name of this GUI layout

Sorry for asking such a question, I’ve to confess I do not own a hand-held device, but I wish to discuss about layout options for desktop application I develop.

enter image description here

Would you please tell me the name of this layout type?


This is known as a responsive design Twitter Bootstrap have a ton of tools to help with web, you can view their site to see a responsive system in use.

This would help you design a responsive desktop website that would be able to roll out to a mobile device or tablet.

This can be emulated via Chrome > Inspect Elements > Emulation > Emulate.

If you wish to do this without the use of a premade framework, media queries for css (cascading style sheets) would be your best way to do this.

There are a few good tutorials online that could help you.

Responsive design with css3 media queries

EDIT: The Layout in the image would be a “Stack Layout”.

Hope it helps 🙂

Source : Link , Question Author : Wolf , Answer Author : Zac Grierson

Leave a Comment