What is the term for the short lines of a square bracket?

In a square-angled bracket, what is the name of the short horizontal lines at the top/bottom of the vertical line? ex. [ ]


Depending on how the glyph is constructed, “arm” is probably your best bet. Some brackets are drawn in such a way that they might pass as serifs, though.

Source : Link , Question Author : Patrick , Answer Author : Brendan

Leave a Comment