What is this style, a grid of varying dots, called?

What is this style called? I want to recreate this effect on a photo myself. Also, does anyone have tips on how to accomplish this?

enter image description here


That’s a halftone.

Halftone is the reprographic technique that simulates continuous tone imagery through the use of dots, varying either in size, in shape or in spacing, thus generating a gradient like effect.

It can be achieved in Photoshop by choosing Filter → Pixelate → Color Halftone.

The example you posted looks like the halftone version of the image has been blended with the original.

Source : Link , Question Author : strudelkopf , Answer Author : DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ

Leave a Comment