What is this style of text-as-image called?

I’m seeing a trend (especially on pinterest) of these posters where the image and subject is the text. THe text itself isn’t really that important either, it’s mainly the typefaces used and composition.

Does this style have a name to it? Is it just called text-as-image?

enter image description here
enter image description here


I’d generally call this kind of graphics typographic artwork or, from the times when these advertising graphics and commercial signage were drawn by hand, lettering artwork. This is especially true for the second example (blue). The first one maybe not so much.

See also: letter art.

There is also a different genre of graphics called ‘typographic art’.

Source : Link , Question Author : OghmaOsiris , Answer Author : TehMacDawg

Leave a Comment