What is wireframe-esque design style called? Is it made solely with pen tool?

Wondering what this wireframe like designing style is called. I’ve seen it for years but never really felt the urge to ask. I also wish to know if it is made solely with the pen tool in ps/ai or if it is a differing method ie.very precise stroke manipulation through multiple layers from an original image be it a 3d render or real life product shot. I honestly don’t know how I don’t know the specific term used for it seeing as how it is so popular within my community (although mainly mobile and desktop devices).

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

enter image description here


They are merely line art illustrations. You can easily do these with any number of applications. My choice would be Illustrator.

There is no actual 3D there it’s all just drawn.

That being posted, you could use some CAD software and it’s isometric or 3d tools, but that’s not at all required.

Source : Link , Question Author : Mitchell Millsaps , Answer Author : Scott

Leave a Comment