What’s the name for typography that looks like the meaning of its content?

For example a flame who looks like a flame

flame's typography look like flame

Or a typography snow who looks like snow

snow's typography look like snow

Do you know the name of this exercice ?


The term for words of this nature are “autological” (e.g. “short” is autological because it is short; “long” is not because it is a short word).

This has been extended to the visual medium(s) via the word “autologlyph”

Source : Link , Question Author : ZANTAR2054 , Answer Author : horatio

Leave a Comment